How should I take Levoxyl?

You should take Levoxyl with plenty of water, since the medicine can lodge in the throat. Take Levoxyl at the same time daily, at least half an hour before you eat anything. Follow your doctor's dosage and timing instructions exactly. If you need to give Levoxyl to a small child, you can crush the pill and mix it with a small amount of water. Use water only, never infant formula or food. Do not make the mixture ahead of time and store it. Give the mixture to your child using a dropper or a spoon.

Be sure to keep regular appointments with your doctor. You will need your blood tested regularly to make sure Levoxyl is working properly for you. Your doctor may also need to test your kidney and liver functions periodically.

Continue Learning about Thyroid Supplement

Are palpitations a side effect of thyroid supplement?
Omudhome Ogbru, PharmDOmudhome Ogbru, PharmD
Thyroid hormone affects the function of the heart and other organs. Too much thyroid hormone may inc...
Can I Safely Take an Acid Reducer and My Thyroid Medication Together?