While various foods and medications affect the absorption of levothyroxine, alcohol has no significant interaction with this medication. Consuming alcohol on a regular basis could lead to liver disease and is not recommended. Because levothyroxine is broken down by the liver, it is possible that alcohol-induced liver dysfunction could change the metabolism of levothyroxine.
- Q How soon after taking levothyroxine will my symptoms improve?
- Q What should I avoid while taking levothyroxine?
- Q Is a burning sensation on the head a side effect of levothyroxine?
- Q Can I have symptoms of hypothyroidism while taking levothyroxine?
- Q Can I take over-the-counter drugs instead of levothyroxine?
- Q Can I experience extra dry hair and dry skin by taking levothyroxine?