While various foods and medications affect the absorption of levothyroxine, alcohol has no significant interaction with this medication. Consuming alcohol on a regular basis could lead to liver disease and is not recommended. Because levothyroxine is broken down by the liver, it is possible that alcohol-induced liver dysfunction could change the metabolism of levothyroxine.
- Q Why am I feeling nervous and flushed after taking levothyroxine?
- Q Could levothyroxine cause severe rashes?
- Q How long does levothyroxine take to relieve hypothyroidism symptoms?
- Q Is levothyroxine safe for long-term use?
- Q Why is my sugar level high despite taking levothyroxine and metformin?
- Q Can I take calcium along with levothyroxine?