While various foods and medications affect the absorption of levothyroxine, alcohol has no significant interaction with this medication. Consuming alcohol on a regular basis could lead to liver disease and is not recommended. Because levothyroxine is broken down by the liver, it is possible that alcohol-induced liver dysfunction could change the metabolism of levothyroxine.
- Q Does levothyroxine have side effects?
- Q Are Synthriod and levothyroxine the same thing?
- Q What is levothyroxine?
- Q What is the ideal time to take levothyroxine?
- Q What are the side effects of levothyroxine?
- Q Can levothyroxine cause symptoms such as tiredness and hunger?