Synthroid is a thyroid hormone that controls the rate of metabolism. Steroids are also hormones but there are no steroid compounds in Synthroid. When someone does not have enough thyroid hormone they will often gain weight. Patients who need thyroid hormone supplementation may receive a prescription for Synthroid. There are many factors that contribute to weight gain and weight loss which varies across individual patients.
- Q How does Synthroid (levothyroxine) treat goiters?
- Q Does synthroid cause heart palpitations?
- Q How does Synthroid (levothyroxine) treat thyroid cancer?
- Q What is the function of the thyroid medication synthoid?
- Q Can I take multivitamins and milk with Synthroid?
- Q Is brain fog a side effect of Synthroid or cytomel?