Synthroid is a thyroid hormone that controls the rate of metabolism. Steroids are also hormones but there are no steroid compounds in Synthroid. When someone does not have enough thyroid hormone they will often gain weight. Patients who need thyroid hormone supplementation may receive a prescription for Synthroid. There are many factors that contribute to weight gain and weight loss which varies across individual patients.
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of Synthroid (levothyroxine)?
- Q What should I know about Synthroid before taking it?
- Q What are the possible side effects of stopping Synthroid?
- Q Is there any drug interaction between Synthroid and Tylenol?
- Q Is there a generic version of Synthroid?
- Q Does Synthroid need many dose adjustments?