Synthroid is a thyroid hormone that controls the rate of metabolism. Steroids are also hormones but there are no steroid compounds in Synthroid. When someone does not have enough thyroid hormone they will often gain weight. Patients who need thyroid hormone supplementation may receive a prescription for Synthroid. There are many factors that contribute to weight gain and weight loss which varies across individual patients.
- Q Can antidepressants be taken with synthroid?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of Synthroid (levothyroxine)?
- Q Do rashes occur as a side effect of Synthroid or Armour Thyroid 90 mg?
- Q Is there any drug interaction between Synthroid and Tylenol?
- Q Is weight gain a side effect of Synthroid?
- Q Can I safely take Synthroid rather than levothyroxine?