Synthroid is a thyroid hormone that controls the rate of metabolism. Steroids are also hormones but there are no steroid compounds in Synthroid. When someone does not have enough thyroid hormone they will often gain weight. Patients who need thyroid hormone supplementation may receive a prescription for Synthroid. There are many factors that contribute to weight gain and weight loss which varies across individual patients.
- Q What should I know about Synthroid before taking it?
- Q Who should take Synthroid?
- Q Do rashes occur as a side effect of Synthroid or Armour Thyroid 90 mg?
- Q How does Synthroid (levothyroxine) treat thyroid nodules?
- Q Is it true that Synthroid can be used to help in weight loss?
- Q Is Cortisol suppressing supplement required along with Synthroid?