Synthroid is a thyroid hormone that controls the rate of metabolism. Steroids are also hormones but there are no steroid compounds in Synthroid. When someone does not have enough thyroid hormone they will often gain weight. Patients who need thyroid hormone supplementation may receive a prescription for Synthroid. There are many factors that contribute to weight gain and weight loss which varies across individual patients.
- Q What symptoms would show up if my Synthroid is replaced by levothyroxine?
- Q Can I take multivitamins and milk with Synthroid?
- Q Is it safe to stop or change synthroid without approval from a doctor?
- Q Is there a generic version of Synthroid?
- Q Can I safely take Synthroid rather than levothyroxine?
- Q Does the change from Synthroid to a generic cause hives?