Synthroid is a thyroid hormone that controls the rate of metabolism. Steroids are also hormones but there are no steroid compounds in Synthroid. When someone does not have enough thyroid hormone they will often gain weight. Patients who need thyroid hormone supplementation may receive a prescription for Synthroid. There are many factors that contribute to weight gain and weight loss which varies across individual patients.
- Q Can I take Synthroid (levothyroxine) while pregnant?
- Q Does Synthroid affect bone mineral density?
- Q Can antidepressants be taken with synthroid?
- Q Can I take multivitamins and milk with Synthroid?
- Q Why am I not losing weight while taking Synthroid?
- Q Does Synthroid need many dose adjustments?