Synthroid is a thyroid hormone that controls the rate of metabolism. Steroids are also hormones but there are no steroid compounds in Synthroid. When someone does not have enough thyroid hormone they will often gain weight. Patients who need thyroid hormone supplementation may receive a prescription for Synthroid. There are many factors that contribute to weight gain and weight loss which varies across individual patients.
- Q What is Synthroid (levothyroxine)?
- Q Is there any drug interaction between Synthroid and Premarin?
- Q Can I experience cramps/weight loss/bloating with Synthroid?
- Q How does Synthroid (levothyroxine) treat hypothyroidism?
- Q Is it safe to take Synthroid during my pregnancy?
- Q Can Synthroid be taken together with vitamin D and calcium?