Synthroid is a thyroid hormone that controls the rate of metabolism. Steroids are also hormones but there are no steroid compounds in Synthroid. When someone does not have enough thyroid hormone they will often gain weight. Patients who need thyroid hormone supplementation may receive a prescription for Synthroid. There are many factors that contribute to weight gain and weight loss which varies across individual patients.
- Q How can a drug interaction between Synthroid and Amitriptyline be managed?
- Q Is weight gain a side effect of Synthroid?
- Q How does Synthroid (levothyroxine) treat goiters?
- Q Does taking Synthroid or a generic thyroid medicine cause weight loss?
- Q Can synthroid interact with my cholesterol lowering medications?
- Q Is there any drug interaction between Synthroid and Tylenol?