Synthroid is a thyroid hormone that controls the rate of metabolism. Steroids are also hormones but there are no steroid compounds in Synthroid. When someone does not have enough thyroid hormone they will often gain weight. Patients who need thyroid hormone supplementation may receive a prescription for Synthroid. There are many factors that contribute to weight gain and weight loss which varies across individual patients.
- Q How does Synthroid (levothyroxine) treat thyroid nodules?
- Q How should I take Synthroid?
- Q Is it true that Synthroid can be used to help in weight loss?
- Q Can I use Synthroid (levothyroxine) for weight loss?
- Q Can synthroid interact with my cholesterol lowering medications?
- Q Who should not take Synthroid?