It is unlikely for synthroid to interact with cholesterol lowering medications or cause an increase in your cholesterol level. If high cholesterol is hereditary, it is more of a challenge to lower it. Sometimes a combination medication containing a cholesterol lowering agent with a drug that prevents cholesterol absorption will be of benefit. Diet and exercise play a role, even if it is low impact like walking. Before starting any exercise program, you should check with your doctor to make sure it is ok.
- Q Can Synthroid be taken together with vitamin D and calcium?
- Q Do I have to take Synthroid for lifetime or can I drop it in between?
- Q Why do doctors avoid switching to a generic of Synthriod?
- Q What can happen if I stop taking Synthroid for a while?
- Q Does taking Synthroid or a generic thyroid medicine cause weight loss?
- Q How does Synthroid (levothyroxine) treat thyroid cancer?