What do I need to know about caring for someone with thyroid cysts?

Thyroid cysts are usually not serious, so if you are caring for someone who has them, you probably do not need to do more than keep an eye out in case the cysts grow larger or other symptoms appear. You should be sure that the person you are caring for has the cysts checked by a doctor on a regular basis, such as every six or twelve months. You should also contact a doctor if the cysts become larger. A large cyst that presses against other parts of the neck might cause difficulty swallowing or breathing or make the person's voice hoarse, but this is rare.

Continue Learning about Thyroid

Should I talk to my doctor about my thyroid cyst symptoms?
Although most thyroid cysts are not serious, you should talk to your doctor about your symptoms. You...
How are thyroid cysts diagnosed?
Thyroid cysts are usually diagnosed with a biopsy that rules out more serious conditions, such as ca...
3 Ways to Start Healing Your Thyroid
3 Ways to Start Healing Your Thyroid
How Salt Can Affect Your Thyroid
How Salt Can Affect Your Thyroid