What are the symptoms of colloid thyroid nodules?

Many people with colloid thyroid nodules do not even know they have them, so you may not notice any symptoms at all. Things to watch for include swelling or small lumps that you feel underneath the skin on your neck. More severe symptoms may arise if your thyroid nodules are producing extra thyroid hormone and causing hyperthyroidism. Be sure to tell your doctor if you experience changes in your heartbeat or weight loss.

Continue Learning about Thyroid

What causes thyroid cysts?
Nobody knows for sure what causes thyroid cysts or thyroid nodules (lumps) in general. Some experts ...
Why is iodine important for the thyroid gland?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
The thyroid gland uses iodine from the diet to make thyroid hormone. Thyroid hormone is stored in th...
How Salt Can Affect Your Thyroid
How Salt Can Affect Your Thyroid
How Can I Tell If My Thyroid Gland Is Working Properly?