How do other illnesses affect colloid thyroid nodules?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Sometimes illnesses of the thyroid can cause thyroid nodules to develop. Thyroiditis is an illness in which the thyroid becomes inflamed, and stems from a variety of causes. Thyroiditis, especially experiencing multiple cases of thyroiditis in a short period of time, can lead to thyroid nodules.

Continue Learning about Thyroid

Treatment Options for Thyroid Eye Disease
Thyroid eye disease (TED) is a condition that affects people who have hyperthyroidism. When a person has hyperthyroidism, the thyroid gland located in...
How can I check the health of my own thyroid?
So many people experience thyroid problems that I consider it a vitality hormone. If your thyroid sl...
What nutrients are important for a healthy thyroid?
Susan S. Blum, MDSusan S. Blum, MD
Functional medicine expert Dr. Susan Blum discusses the nutrients that are important for optimal...
How Can I Tell If My Thyroid Gland Is Working Properly?