How often should I follow up with my doctor about my thyroid cysts?

If your doctor has confirmed that your thyroid cysts are benign and are small enough to manage with ongoing monitoring, you probably should plan to see your doctor every six to twelve months. Your doctor might want to do another biopsy or ultrasound, especially if the cyst increases in size. It is also important to contact your doctor right away if the cyst gets larger, rather than waiting for your next appointment.

Continue Learning about Thyroid

Treatment Options for Thyroid Eye Disease
Thyroid eye disease (TED) is a condition that affects people who have hyperthyroidism. When a person has hyperthyroidism, the thyroid gland located in...
What are thyroid cysts?
A thyroid cyst is a fluid collection lined by epithelial cells. This may be a part of a larger struc...
What increases my risk for colloid thyroid nodules?
If you do not get enough iodine in your diet, you may be at risk for developing colloid thyroid nodu...
The Nutrient Your Thyroid Needs Every Morning