How common are thyroid cysts?

Thyroid cysts are not very common. They are a type of thyroid nodule or lump. Though it has been estimated that between 10 and 50 percent of the population may have thyroid nodules, thyroid cysts make up only a small portion of that number.

Continue Learning about Thyroid

Treatment Options for Thyroid Eye Disease
Thyroid eye disease (TED) is a condition that affects people who have hyperthyroidism. When a person has hyperthyroidism, the thyroid gland located in...
Why is my thyroid gland important for my brain health?
AARPAARP
Your thyroid gland is a tiny gland in your neck, but it could have a big effect on brain health: Thy...
What are antithyroid antibodies?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
Antithyroid antibodies are created when the body's immune system attacks parts of the thyroid wi...
Could a Thyroid Problem Make Me Feel Cold All the Time?