What are the side effects of thyroid surgery?

The most common side effect of thyroid surgery is hypothyroidism where the thyroid does not produce enough thyroid hormone. After thyroid surgery most people will need to take thyroid medication daily to increase the levels of thyroid hormone to a normal range.

Continue Learning about Thyroid Disorders

Know the Signs of Thyroid Issues
Know the Signs of Thyroid Issues
Your thyroid is a small butterfly-shaped gland in the front of your neck, just below your Adam’s apple. The thyroid gland releases hormones that regul...
What is the rate of incidence for thyroid disorders?
The rate of incidence of thyroid disorders depends on the particular disorder. For example, as many ...
Low Thyroid? Here's How to Overcome Fatigue
Low Thyroid? Here's How to Overcome FatigueLow Thyroid? Here's How to Overcome FatigueLow Thyroid? Here's How to Overcome FatigueLow Thyroid? Here's How to Overcome Fatigue
Plus a common hypothyroidism myth, busted. When it’s working properly, your thyroid—a hormone-producing gland at the base of your throat—is an unsung ...
How Do I Recognize a Thyroid Disease in My Child or Adolescent?