The patient can usually eat and drink normally the night of the procedure. The incision is usually closed with absorbable sutures and surgical tape or glue. A light bandage that may be placed in the operating room should be removed the following morning. Patients may shower the next morning and get the incision wet but should not soak it in water (no soaking in a tub or swimming) for one week.
- Q Will I have stitches that need to be removed after my thyroid surgery?
- Q What type of doctor should I see for a thyroid problem?
- Q How do medications treat thyroid disorders?
- Q To what extent does iodine radiation affect the activity of thyroid gland?
- Q Do I need medicine if I have borderline thyroid test results?
- Q What are effective treatments for an underactive thyroid?