The patient can usually eat and drink normally the night of the procedure. The incision is usually closed with absorbable sutures and surgical tape or glue. A light bandage that may be placed in the operating room should be removed the following morning. Patients may shower the next morning and get the incision wet but should not soak it in water (no soaking in a tub or swimming) for one week.
- Q When can I return to normal activity after thyroid surgery?
- Q How do medications treat thyroid disorders?
- Q What supplements should I take after thyroid surgery?
- Q Do I need medicine if I have borderline thyroid test results?
- Q When will I get the findings after thyroid surgery?
- Q How do medications treat thyroid cysts?