What does a benign pathology result for a thyroid nodule mean?

A benign pathology result for a thyroid nodule means that the nodule is not a cancer. Most thyroid nodules are benign and no treatment is required.

Continue Learning about Thyroid Disorders

Know the Signs: Thyroid Disorders
Know the Signs: Thyroid Disorders
Your thyroid is a small butterfly-shaped gland in the front of your neck, just below your Adam’s apple. The thyroid gland releases hormones that regul...
What is a parathyroidectomy?
A parathyroidectomy is a surgery that removes one of the parathyroid glands. These glands are import...
Will I have stitches that need to be removed after my thyroid surgery?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
This depends on your thyroid surgeon. Some surgeons use small external stitches which are removed wi...
What Is Thyroid Disease?
What Is Thyroid Disease?