When is radioactive iodine treatment performed for thyroid cancer?

Radioactive iodine (RAI) treatment is usually done 3 to 6 weeks after surgery, depending on how the patient is prepared for the iodine treatment.  

Continue Learning about Thyroid Cancer Treatment

What are the factors affecting treatment of thyroid cancer?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on the following: The age of the pat...
How do medications treat thyroid cancer?
Although surgery is the primary treatment for thyroid cancer, there are a few medications that may b...
How does thyroid removal impact weight loss?
David C. Fiore, MDDavid C. Fiore, MD
Thyroid removal can have an impact on weight loss. If the thyroid is removed, the person needs to ta...
Why may I need radioiodine therapy for thyroid cancer or my thyroid gland?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
You may need radioiodine therapy: If you have thyroid cancer, or If your thyroid gland is over...