Q

Thyroid Cancer Treatment

How successful is treatment for thyroid cancer?

• A Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism, answered on behalf of
    Thyroid cancer is largely treatable. The most common type of radiation-induced thyroid cancer is papillary thyroid cancer, and the great majority of cases are slow-growing and curable. At the New York Thyroid Center, the survival rate for papillary thyroid cancer is approximately 99% at 10 years among men under 40 and women under 45.
    1 person found this helpful.
  • A Surgery, answered on behalf of
    Thyroid cancer treatment is very successful.About 95 percent of thyroid cancer patients live more than five years, and most thyroid cancer patients experience a normal life span and full quality of life after appropriate treatment.Even patients with advanced thyroid cancer may often do well with modern targeted therapies.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
How do I choose treatment for my thyroid cancer?