Are there alternative treatments for anaplastic thyroid cancer?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Anaplastic thyroid cancer is most often treated with surgery and then followed up by drug therapies to make sure cancer cells are gone and do not continue to grow. Because this form of cancer is so aggressively fast-moving and uncompromising, the prognosis is poor. As a result, there are currently no known alternative methods of treating the disease. People with anaplastic thyroid cancer can do things to help stay healthy after surgery and during drug therapies. Some ways include getting enough rest, eating a healthful diet, and finding time to get some exercise.

Continue Learning about Thyroid Cancer Treatment

How Do I Choose Treatment for My Thyroid Cancer?
Should I Go to a Academic Medical Center If Diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer?
What Is the Prognosis of Thyroid Cancer?