What are risks for primary thyroid lymphoma?

Primary thyroid lymphoma (PTL) is three times more common in women than men. It typically occurs between the ages of 50 and 80 years with a peak incidence in the late 60's. Patients with chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis (Hashimoto's thyroiditis) are at an increased risk of developing PTL. However, most patients with Hashimoto's do not develop PTL. 

Continue Learning about Thyroid Cancer Causes & Risk Factors

What increases my risk for thyroid cancer?
Factors that may increase your risk of thyroid cancer include being female, exposure to high levels ...
What are the risk factors for thyroid cancer?
George R. Tershakovec, MDGeorge R. Tershakovec, MD
Risk factors for thyroid cancer include: Gender and age: For unclear reasons, thyroid cancers (l...
What increases my risk for anaplastic thyroid cancer?
The risk factors for developing anaplastic thyroid are few and specific. The disease affects people ...
Sanford - Chad Spanos - Why Did I Get Thyroid Cancer?