Is thyroid cancer caused by environmental issues?

Eric M. Genden, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)
Some people think the increase in thyroid cancer is due to the thinning ozone layer. In this video, Eric Genden, MD, chairman of the department of otolaryngology at The Mount Sinai Medical Center, explains why that theory may not be valid.

Continue Learning about Thyroid Cancer Causes & Risk Factors

Is thyroid cancer genetic?
Eric M. Genden, MDEric M. Genden, MD
Current research indicates that thyroid cancer isn't inherited from parents. But, in this video, Eri...
What causes anaplastic thyroid cancer?
The cause of anaplastic thyroid cancer is currently not known. This type of cancer forms when geneti...
Who is most at risk for anaplastic thyroid cancer?
People who are elderly - 60 years old and more - are most at risk for anaplastic thyroid cancer. Wom...
Sanford - Chad Spanos - Why Did I Get Thyroid Cancer?