Thyroid cancer mostly affects the thyroid gland, which produces important hormones. Normally, the hormones produced by the thyroid regulate important body functions like digestion, heart rate, and body temperature. However, thyroid cancer causes abnormal growth of thyroid cells, which can cause tumors to form in the neck and on the thyroid gland. This affects the production and regulation of the thyroid hormones, which causes problems throughout the body.
- Q What is primary thyroid lymphoma?
- Q Is thyroid cancer common?
- Q How do I care for someone with anaplastic thyroid cancer?
- Q How common is papillary thyroid cancer?
- Q How does anaplastic thyroid cancer affect the body?
- Q What do I need to know about thyroid cancer?