Thyroid cancer mostly affects the thyroid gland, which produces important hormones. Normally, the hormones produced by the thyroid regulate important body functions like digestion, heart rate, and body temperature. However, thyroid cancer causes abnormal growth of thyroid cells, which can cause tumors to form in the neck and on the thyroid gland. This affects the production and regulation of the thyroid hormones, which causes problems throughout the body.
- Q What do I need to know about thyroid cancer?
- Q What is hereditary thyroid cancer?
- Q Is anaplastic thyroid cancer serious?
- Q Is there a cure for anaplastic thyroid cancer?
- Q How do I care for someone with anaplastic thyroid cancer?
- Q Is papillary thyroid cancer serious?