When should I have my tonsils looked at?

Rick C. Jensen, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)
If you've been told you have big tonsils, that may not mean you need treatment. But in some cases, big tonsils may cause problems. In this video, Dr. Rick Jensen discusses the red flags that mean you should see a doctor.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

Why do I have mucous buildup in my throat?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
You can get mucus in the throat from:Nasal problemsSinus infectionsSwallowing disorderAcid reflux (G...
Can throat disorders cause problems elsewhere in the body?
Some types of throat disorders can spread to other parts of the body. Bacterial infections and cance...
Can smells make me cough and clear my throat?
Daniel McCabe, DMA, CCC-SLPDaniel McCabe, DMA, CCC-SLP
The lining of the larynx (mucosa) is extremely sensitive to things that should not be entering the l...
When Should I Have My Tonsils Looked at?