When should I have my tonsils looked at?

Rick C. Jensen, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)
If you've been told you have big tonsils, that may not mean you need treatment. But in some cases, big tonsils may cause problems. In this video, Dr. Rick Jensen discusses the red flags that mean you should see a doctor.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

Why did my doctor swab my sore throat?
A doctor will usually take a throat culture to determine the presence of the streptococcal bacte...
How is panendoscopy used to diagnose throat disorders?
Panendoscopy (a tube inserted through your mouth and each part of the esophagus, stomach and duodenu...
Will I be able to whistle after a laryngectomy?
Betty Long, RN, MHABetty Long, RN, MHA
Months ago, I worked with a man who had a recurrence of his throat cancer and needed to have a total...
When Should I Have My Tonsils Looked at?