What throat disorder causes breathing difficulty?

Throat pain in conjunction with breathing difficulty is most likely caused by croup. Croup is a common ailment for young children. It can actually be caused by a variety of things, including bacteria, allergies, viruses, and gastric reflux. Croup usually involves a rough cough, which can become particularly bad at night. A child with croup does not necessarily need to see a doctor, but you should be prepared to get emergency help if they are having trouble swallowing or getting enough oxygen.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

How to Eat Healthy When You Have TED
How to Eat Healthy When You Have TED
Thyroid Eye Disease (TED) is a condition that usually develops in people with an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) caused by an autoimmune disorder...
What should I do after being treated for a bacterial throat infection?
After treatment for a bacterial throat infection, you still risk relapse or spreading the condition....
How is a head and neck exam used to diagnose throat disorders?
The process of diagnosing throat disorders begins mostly with a direct examination of the head and n...
When Should I Have My Tonsils Looked at?