What should I do after being treated for a bacterial throat infection?

After treatment for a bacterial throat infection, you still risk relapse or spreading the condition. It is a good idea to change your toothbrush. You should also make sure that your environment is clean and that your family is obeying good hygienic practices. Keeping a humidifier in the house and avoiding cigarette smoke are good ways to increase the resilience of your mucous membranes and prevent relapse.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

How to Eat Healthy When You Have TED
How to Eat Healthy When You Have TED
Thyroid Eye Disease (TED) is a condition that usually develops in people with an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) caused by an autoimmune disorder...
How do I care for a child with a bacterial throat infection?
Diana K. Blythe, MDDiana K. Blythe, MD
Bacterial throat infections can be strep throat which is very painful to children. If your child has...
Should I talk to my doctor about bacterial throat infection symptoms?
You should contact your doctor if you think you have strep throat or another bacterial throat infect...
When Should I Have My Tonsils Looked at?