What should I do after being treated for a bacterial throat infection?

After treatment for a bacterial throat infection, you still risk relapse or spreading the condition. It is a good idea to change your toothbrush. You should also make sure that your environment is clean and that your family is obeying good hygienic practices. Keeping a humidifier in the house and avoiding cigarette smoke are good ways to increase the resilience of your mucous membranes and prevent relapse.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

What can I do for an itchy throat with a cough?
An itchy throat with a cough can be due to several causes, but usually making it feel better is ...
Can smells make me cough and clear my throat?
Daniel McCabe, DMA, CCC-SLPDaniel McCabe, DMA, CCC-SLP
The lining of the larynx (mucosa) is extremely sensitive to things that should not be entering the l...
What throat disorders can antibiotics treat?
Antibiotics kill bacteria. The only throat disorders they treat are bacterial infections. Penicillin...
When Should I Have My Tonsils Looked at?