Can throat disorders cause problems elsewhere in the body?

Some types of throat disorders can spread to other parts of the body. Bacterial infections and cancer both pose this threat. Bacterial infections in particular often spread to the ear, and can also affect the kidneys. Throat cancer is specifically linked to lung cancer. It can also move into lymph nodes and spread from there.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

What increases my risk for throat disorders?
Throat disorders have a large variety of causes. However, there are some commonalities. Using tobacc...
How can I help treat throat disorders?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Here are some tips to feel better when you have a throat problem: Drink plenty of liquids. Warm drin...
How is gastric reflux connected to throat disorders?
Gastric reflux occurs when problems with the esophagus cause stomach acid to move upwards into the e...
When Should I Have My Tonsils Looked at?