How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose hyposmia?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

In order to diagnose your hyposmia, your doctor or otolaryngologist will need to know about your past medical history, especially any head injuries you may have recently sustained or any upper respiratory infections you may have recently had. If you have been exposed to toxic, airborne chemicals recently, tell your doctor. Your doctor will also need to know about head injuries, respiratory infections, sinus disorders, or exposure to toxic chemicals that occurred in the past, even if they happened a long time ago. Tell your doctor about any allergies you may suffer and any prescription drugs you may be taking.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

How to Eat Healthy When You Have TED
How to Eat Healthy When You Have TED
Thyroid Eye Disease (TED) is a condition that usually develops in people with an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) caused by an autoimmune disorder...
Can throat disorders cause problems elsewhere in the body?
Some types of throat disorders can spread to other parts of the body. Bacterial infections and cance...
What are throat disorders?
There is a wide range of different conditions that can affect your throat, or pharynx, and these are...
When Should I Have My Tonsils Looked at?