How is panendoscopy used to diagnose throat disorders?

Panendoscopy (a tube inserted through your mouth and each part of the esophagus, stomach and duodenum) is a sophisticated form of visual inspection that allows doctors to examine the throat thoroughly. It is a relatively involved procedure, and patients who undergo it will be put to sleep during the procedure. If cancer is suspected, the doctor will search for tumors, and may remove some tissue for a biopsy. Panendoscopy is similar to laryngoscopy, but involves a broader inspection.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

How to Eat Healthy When You Have TED
How to Eat Healthy When You Have TED
Thyroid Eye Disease (TED) is a condition that usually develops in people with an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) caused by an autoimmune disorder...
How can I get rid of tonsil stones?
Tonsil stones are pretty common and can be removed with a tongue depressor or washed away with a Wat...
How is cancer distinguished from other throat disorders?
If you come to a doctor reporting throat problems, they will most likely evaluate other problems...
When Should I Have My Tonsils Looked at?