How many people experience hoarseness?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Many people are affected by hoarseness. There is a wide array of conditions that cause it, some of them very common. Allergies and coughing are two of these usual causes. Hoarseness is especially common in singers and other vocal performers who may overuse their voices on a regular basis.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

How to Eat Healthy When You Have TED
How to Eat Healthy When You Have TED
Thyroid Eye Disease (TED) is a condition that usually develops in people with an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) caused by an autoimmune disorder...
What throat disorders occur most commonly in children?
Children are at higher risk than adults for throat infections. Strep throat is particularly common. ...
What is swallowing re-training and when is it used?
Shari GreenShari Green
Dr. Lee has already addressed one aspect of swallow retraining. However, I would love to elaborate m...
When Should I Have My Tonsils Looked at?