Hoarseness can last anywhere from just a few hours to several months or more. The duration depends upon what has caused it and whether it is being treated or not. For mild cases, resting your voice and staying away from vocal fold irritants will help hoarseness go away more quickly. If you experience hoarseness for more than 2 weeks, you should contact your doctor.
- Q How can I manage a sore throat at home?
- Q What is hoarseness?
- Q What throat disorders can antibiotics treat?
- Q How is a rapid DNA test used to diagnose throat disorders?
- Q How is a rapid DNA test used to diagnose bacterial throat infections?
- Q How can cancer cause throat disorders?