Hoarseness can last anywhere from just a few hours to several months or more. The duration depends upon what has caused it and whether it is being treated or not. For mild cases, resting your voice and staying away from vocal fold irritants will help hoarseness go away more quickly. If you experience hoarseness for more than 2 weeks, you should contact your doctor.
- Q What does esophageal motility have to do with swallowing disorders?
- Q Why did my doctor swab my sore throat?
- Q How is a rapid antigen test used to diagnose throat disorders?
- Q What should I do after being treated for a bacterial throat infection?
- Q What is the treatment for Zenker's diverticulum?
- Q How is cancer distinguished from other throat disorders?