Hoarseness can last anywhere from just a few hours to several months or more. The duration depends upon what has caused it and whether it is being treated or not. For mild cases, resting your voice and staying away from vocal fold irritants will help hoarseness go away more quickly. If you experience hoarseness for more than 2 weeks, you should contact your doctor.
- Q Are colloid thyroid nodules serious?
- Q When would a biopsy be used for a throat disorder?
- Q Can smells make me cough and clear my throat?
- Q How is a rapid antigen test used to diagnose throat disorders?
- Q What will a doctor ask about my child's bacterial throat infection?
- Q How is a rapid DNA test used to diagnose bacterial throat infections?