Hoarseness can last anywhere from just a few hours to several months or more. The duration depends upon what has caused it and whether it is being treated or not. For mild cases, resting your voice and staying away from vocal fold irritants will help hoarseness go away more quickly. If you experience hoarseness for more than 2 weeks, you should contact your doctor.
- Q How is a rapid DNA test used to diagnose throat disorders?
- Q What throat disorders can antibiotics treat?
- Q What increases my risk for throat disorders?
- Q What throat disorder causes breathing difficulty?
- Q How do over-the-counter pain relievers treat bacterial throat infections?
- Q When would a biopsy be used for a throat disorder?