Hoarseness can last anywhere from just a few hours to several months or more. The duration depends upon what has caused it and whether it is being treated or not. For mild cases, resting your voice and staying away from vocal fold irritants will help hoarseness go away more quickly. If you experience hoarseness for more than 2 weeks, you should contact your doctor.
- Q What throat disorders can result from tobacco use?
- Q Should I be worried about contracting hoarseness?
- Q How is pandendoscopy used to diagnose throat disorders?
- Q When should my child's tonsils be removed?
- Q What increases my risk for throat disorders?
- Q What throat disorders occur most commonly in older people?