Hoarseness can last anywhere from just a few hours to several months or more. The duration depends upon what has caused it and whether it is being treated or not. For mild cases, resting your voice and staying away from vocal fold irritants will help hoarseness go away more quickly. If you experience hoarseness for more than 2 weeks, you should contact your doctor.
- Q What is hoarseness?
- Q Can smells make me cough and clear my throat?
- Q How can I ease the pain that results from throat disorders?
- Q What is the treatment for Zenker's diverticulum?
- Q Are colloid thyroid nodules serious?
- Q How is cancer distinguished from other throat disorders?