How do I know if I have hoarseness?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

It is very easy to tell if you have hoarseness. Your voice will sound different and it will be more difficult to speak. Your voice may sound breathier or scratchier than normal.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

How to Eat Healthy When You Have TED
How to Eat Healthy When You Have TED
Thyroid Eye Disease (TED) is a condition that usually develops in people with an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) caused by an autoimmune disorder...
How is a throat culture used to diagnose throat disorders?
A throat culture is the traditional technique used to determine if a throat disorder is caused by ba...
How is panendoscopy used to diagnose throat disorders?
Panendoscopy (a tube inserted through your mouth and each part of the esophagus, stomach and duodenu...
When Should I Have My Tonsils Looked at?