How does hoarseness affect my life?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you have hoarseness, then it will be more difficult for you to speak. If you are a public speaker or singer, then hoarseness will impact your ability in these respects. You will need to look into the cause of the condition to make sure that it is not serious. In many cases, hoarseness goes away by itself in a small amount of time assuming the voice is rested.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

How to Eat Healthy When You Have TED
How to Eat Healthy When You Have TED
Thyroid Eye Disease (TED) is a condition that usually develops in people with an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) caused by an autoimmune disorder...
Should I talk to my doctor about bacterial throat infection symptoms?
You should contact your doctor if you think you have strep throat or another bacterial throat infect...
What are common throat problems?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Some common throat problems are sore throats and laryngitis. If you have laryngitis, it's hard to ...
When Should I Have My Tonsils Looked at?