How does my environment affect throat disorders?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
The air you are breathing can have a significant impact on your and your children's throat disorders. It can alter the risk and severity of almost any disorder. Humidifiers are a good environmental factor that can have a positive effect on your throat health, because they keep your mucous membranes cool and moist. Cigarette smoking can increase the risk for several types of infection. The general cleanliness of your environment also affects your risk of infection.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

What throat disorders are associated with vomiting and nausea?
If you are experiencing nausea in conjunction with throat pain, viral gastroenteritis may be to blam...
How is a rapid DNA test used to diagnose throat disorders?
A rapid DNA test is similar to a throat culture in how it tests for the presence of bacteria in the ...
What throat disorder causes breathing difficulty?
Throat pain in conjunction with breathing difficulty is most likely caused by croup. Croup is a comm...
How can I reduce my risk for throat disorders?
Throat disorders have many different causes, and nothing can reduce risk for all of them. Tobacco is...