How does my environment affect throat disorders?

The air you are breathing can have a significant impact on your and your children's throat disorders. It can alter the risk and severity of almost any disorder. Humidifiers are a good environmental factor that can have a positive effect on your throat health, because they keep your mucous membranes cool and moist. Cigarette smoking can increase the risk for several types of infection. The general cleanliness of your environment also affects your risk of infection.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

How is a rapid DNA test used to diagnose bacterial throat infections?
A rapid DNA test is similar to a throat culture when it comes to how it diagnoses bacterial throat i...
What increases my risk for throat disorders?
Throat disorders have a large variety of causes. However, there are some commonalities. Using tobacc...
Will I be able to whistle after a laryngectomy?
Betty Long, RN, MHABetty Long, RN, MHA
Months ago, I worked with a man who had a recurrence of his throat cancer and needed to have a total...
When Should I Have My Tonsils Looked at?