How can bacteria cause throat disorders?

Bacteria cause throat disorders by growing abundantly in the throat. This bacterial growth results in inflammation and can cause the throat to become sore and red. Strep throat is the main example of bacterial throat infection. The particular cause of strep throat is a type of bacteria called A streptococcus bacteria.

Continue Learning about Throat Disorders

What are throat disorders?
There is a wide range of different conditions that can affect your throat, or pharynx, and these are...
Should I talk to my doctor about bacterial throat infection symptoms?
You should contact your doctor if you think you have strep throat or another bacterial throat infect...
Why did my doctor swab my sore throat?
A doctor will usually take a throat culture to determine the presence of the streptococcal bacte...
When Should I Have My Tonsils Looked at?