What should I ask my doctor if I'm diagnosed with throat cancer?

Eric M. Genden, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)
Ask your doctor what the cause of your throat cancer is and what the options for treatment are. In this video, Eric Genden, MD, an otolaryngologist at The Mount Sinai Medical Center, offers his suggestions for what you should ask your doctor.

Continue Learning about Throat Cancer

How does esophageal cancer affect women differently than men?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Esophageal cancer affects women and men differently. Men are more at risk to develop esophageal canc...
Can people with throat cancer participate in research studies?
A variety of clinical trials are being conducted for people with throat cancer who wish to participa...
What can I expect when I see the doctor for throat cancer?
The doctor will most likely ask questions about your medical history, perform an examination, and or...
Is throat cancer serious?
Like all cancers, throat cancer is considered a serious disease. Treatments such as surgery, radiati...