Is there a cure for throat cancer?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Treatment options such as surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy can remove or kill throat cancer tumors. But recurrence of throat cancer is more common than some other types of cancer. If you have completed treatment for throat cancer, regular follow-up care is important. Your doctor will examine you on a regular basis to check for signs of cancer recurrence. Follow up exams are also important to check for metastasis, the spread of cancer to other parts of the body.

Continue Learning about Throat Cancer

What is the lifetime risk of esophageal cancer for men and women?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The lifetime risk of developing esophageal cancer is 1 in 125 for men and 1 in 454 for women. Esopha...
Is throat cancer serious?
Like all cancers, throat cancer is considered a serious disease. Treatments such as surgery, radiati...
Can people with throat cancer participate in research studies?
A variety of clinical trials are being conducted for people with throat cancer who wish to participa...
What can I expect when I see the doctor for throat cancer?
The doctor will most likely ask questions about your medical history, perform an examination, and or...