How do I cope with throat cancer?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

People cope with throat cancer in many different ways. You may find it helpful to learn all you can about throat cancer and ask as many questions as possible. This allows you to actively participate in decisions about your treatment. Also be prepared to experience a range of emotions about cancer. These emotions are a normal part of living with cancer. Talking about your feelings with someone you trust may help you to cope with throat cancer. Finally, maintaining a healthy lifestyle and going to all follow up appointments are important parts of living with cancer.

Continue Learning about Throat Cancer

How common is throat cancer?
Close to 50,000 people will be diagnosed with oral or pharyngeal cancer per year in the United State...
What can I expect when I see the doctor for throat cancer?
The doctor will most likely ask questions about your medical history, perform an examination, and or...
What should I ask my doctor if I'm diagnosed with throat cancer?
Eric M. Genden, MDEric M. Genden, MD
Ask your doctor what the cause of your throat cancer is and what the options for treatment are. In t...
What is throat cancer?
Throat cancer refers to several types of cancers that affect different parts of the throat. Cancer o...