What can I expect when I see the doctor for throat cancer?

The doctor will most likely ask questions about your medical history, perform an examination, and order additional tests if necessary. It is a good idea to prepare for your appointment in advance. Write down any questions you have. Also write down any information you think the doctor should know about your general health or specific symptoms. This includes all medications or vitamins you currently take. Bring someone with you who can help to remember information, since there will be a lot to cover.

Continue Learning about Throat Cancer

What is the lifetime risk of esophageal cancer for men and women?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The lifetime risk of developing esophageal cancer is 1 in 125 for men and 1 in 454 for women. Esopha...
What are scientists studying about throat cancer?
There are numerous research studies focusing on throat cancer. One area of research involves the bod...
How common is throat cancer?
Close to 50,000 people will be diagnosed with oral or pharyngeal cancer per year in the United State...
Is throat cancer serious?
Like all cancers, throat cancer is considered a serious disease. Treatments such as surgery, radiati...