Who should not take Adoxa?

If you're allergic to any ingredient in Adoxa or other tetracycline antibiotics, you shouldn't take this medication. If you're taking certain medications (such as penicillins, isotretinoin or acitretin), don't take Adoxa. Also, if you've recently received a live oral typhoid vaccine, don't take Adoxa. Women who are pregnant should not take Adoxa, because it may harm the developing fetus. Also, women who are breastfeeding should not take Adoxa, since it can pass into breast milk. If you have a history of lupus or porphyria (a blood disorder), talk to your doctor before taking Adoxa. Also, children younger than eight years of age should not take Adoxa because of the risk for tooth discoloration and other side effects. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns about whether you should take Adoxa.

Continue Learning about Tetracyclines

What is tetracycline?
Tetracycline is an antibiotic that's used to treat a variety of bacterial infections and other condi...
Do tetracycline antibiotics interact with any other medications?
If you are taking any of the following medications, tetracycline can lead to side effects and should...
Is it safe for my daughter to go out in the sun if she's on tetracycline?
Your daughter should avoid the sun while she is taking tetracycline. If she does go out in the s...
Why did my doctor tell me to wear sunscreen while I'm taking tetracycline?
Your doctor instructed you to apply a sunscreen (at least SPF 15) if you go out in the sunlight whil...