What is Ximino?

Ximino (minocycline) is an antibiotic that may be prescribed for the treatment of acne. It is in the tetracycline class. Ximino is prescribed for moderate to severe inflammatory acne for patients 12 years old or older. It is not effective for noninflammatory acne. If you are not sure what kind of acne you (or your child) has, check with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Tetracyclines

Do tetracycline antibiotics interact with any other medications?
If you are taking any of the following medications, tetracycline can lead to side effects and should...
Is it okay to let my girlfriend take some of my tetracycline?
Even if you and your girlfriend have the same condition, you should not give your tetracycline t...
Why did my doctor tell me to wear sunscreen while I'm taking tetracycline?
Your doctor instructed you to apply a sunscreen (at least SPF 15) if you go out in the sunlight whil...
What should I know about tetracycline before taking it?
People with allergies or asthma are more likely to have an allergic reaction to tetracycline antibio...