What is Minocin IV?

Minocin IV is the brand name for the intravenous formulation of the active ingredient minocycline. It is an antibiotic used to treat severe infections caused by susceptible bacteria, rickettsia and amoeba. It can be used to treat meningitis, pneumonia, urinary tract infections and skin infections.  A dose of Minocin IV is typically administered over a six-hour period.

Continue Learning about Tetracyclines

What is tetracycline?
Tetracycline is an antibiotic that's used to treat a variety of bacterial infections and other condi...
Is it safe for my daughter to go out in the sun if she's on tetracycline?
Your daughter should avoid the sun while she is taking tetracycline. If she does go out in the s...
Can I drink milk when taking my tetracycline?
No, you should not take your tetracycline at the same times as you drink milk because dairy prod...
What are the side effects of tetracycline?
Side effects may include fatigue, headache, sleepiness, a spinning sensation (vertigo), itching, a r...