What is Atridox?

Atridox is a prescription medication used to treat gum disease in adults. The active ingredient in Atridox is doxycycline, which is a tetracycline antibiotic. It works by helping to prevent bacteria from growing. Atridox comes as a gel that is applied by a dentist into an infected pocket in the gums.
Atridox is an antibiotic treatment for gum disease. Your dentist or periodontist (gum disease specialist) will apply Atridox beneath your gums with a syringe, which contains a gel with the antibiotic doxycyline in a form that can be released slowly in your mouth over seven days. The goal of this treatment is to kill the bacteria that are causing your gum disease. 

Continue Learning about Tetracyclines

What should I know about tetracycline before taking it?
People with allergies or asthma are more likely to have an allergic reaction to tetracycline antibio...
Can I drink milk when taking my tetracycline?
No, you should not take your tetracycline at the same times as you drink milk because dairy prod...
Do tetracycline antibiotics interact with any other medications?
If you are taking any of the following medications, tetracycline can lead to side effects and should...
If I get an infection again, can I take my old tetracycline?
You should not use tetracycline that's left over from a previous time you had an infection. You ...