What is doxycycline calcium oral suspension?

Doxycycline is a tetracycline antibiotic and does not treat viral infections. Doxycycline impedes the growth of bacteria and gives the body's immune system the opportunity to destroy the bacteria. It treats a broad-spectrum of bacterial infections including acne, amoeba, anthrax, and malaria. Doxycycline calcium oral suspension is available only by prescription and is administered orally as a syrup. Doxycycline calcium oral suspension is manufactured under the brand name Vibramycin.

Continue Learning about Tetracyclines

Do tetracycline antibiotics interact with any other medications?
If you are taking any of the following medications, tetracycline can lead to side effects and should...
Can I drink milk when taking my tetracycline?
No, you should not take your tetracycline at the same times as you drink milk because dairy prod...
What is tetracycline?
Tetracycline is an antibiotic that's used to treat a variety of bacterial infections and other condi...
If I get an infection again, can I take my old tetracycline?
You should not use tetracycline that's left over from a previous time you had an infection. You ...