What should I avoid while taking Solodyn?

You should talk with your doctor about any medications or supplements you are taking. Since Solodyn causes sensitivity to sunlight, you should use sunscreen and avoid the sun when possible. Also, do not take any products containing minerals, such as iron, calcium and magnesium within two hours of taking Solodyn. This may include antacids and multivitamins. In addition, if you are using birth control pills you should consider an alternative method of contraception while taking Solodyn.

Continue Learning about Tetracyclines

Is it safe for my daughter to go out in the sun if she's on tetracycline?
Your daughter should avoid the sun while she is taking tetracycline. If she does go out in the s...
What should I know about tetracycline before taking it?
People with allergies or asthma are more likely to have an allergic reaction to tetracycline antibio...
What are the side effects of tetracycline?
Side effects may include fatigue, headache, sleepiness, a spinning sensation (vertigo), itching, a r...
What is tetracycline?
Tetracycline is an antibiotic that's used to treat a variety of bacterial infections and other condi...