Is it safe for my daughter to go out in the sun if she's on tetracycline?

Your daughter should avoid the sun while she is taking tetracycline. If she does go out in the sun, she should use plenty of sunscreen (at least SPF 15). Tetracycline can make her skin more sensitive to the sun's rays. She should also wear protective clothing, such as long sleeves and a wide-brimmed hat when she is out in the sun. Also, she should not use sun lamps or tanning beds.

Continue Learning about Tetracyclines

Is it okay to let my girlfriend take some of my tetracycline?
Even if you and your girlfriend have the same condition, you should not give your tetracycline t...
Do tetracycline antibiotics interact with any other medications?
If you are taking any of the following medications, tetracycline can lead to side effects and should...
What are the side effects of tetracycline?
Side effects may include fatigue, headache, sleepiness, a spinning sensation (vertigo), itching, a r...
Why did my doctor tell me to wear sunscreen while I'm taking tetracycline?
Your doctor instructed you to apply a sunscreen (at least SPF 15) if you go out in the sunlight whil...