Doxycycline and penicillin are both antibiotics. They work differently and are not considered in the same class of medications. Doxycycline is not a form of penicillin.
- Q What should I know about tetracycline before taking it?
- Q Is it safe for my daughter to go out in the sun if she's on tetracycline?
- Q Why did my doctor tell me to wear sunscreen while I'm taking tetracycline?
- Q What side effects does tetracycline cause?
- Q What is tetracycline?
- Q Can I drink alcohol while taking doxycycline?