How can I minimize the side effects of Ximino?

You can minimize the side effects of Ximino (minocycline), a tetracycline-class antibiotic prescribed for certain kinds of acne, by following the instructions carefully and telling your doctor promptly about any side effects that are severe or don't go away. You should also:
  • Stay out of the sun, as Ximino may make you more susceptible to sunburn. You should also avoid sunlamps and tanning beds, and use sunscreen and wear protective clothing when you have to be outside.
  • Don't skip a dose or stop taking Ximino before the full antibiotic course has been completed -- even if your acne clears up. Doing so not only may make this course of Ximino less effective but also may make this treatment less effective if you need it again in the future. 
  • Do not take the medicine right before bed. Ximino may not dissolve properly if you lie down after taking it, which could cause throat pain. 
  • Do not stand or sit up quickly, to help reduce dizziness.

Continue Learning about Tetracyclines

What are the side effects of tetracycline?
Side effects may include fatigue, headache, sleepiness, a spinning sensation (vertigo), itching, a r...
Why did my doctor tell me to wear sunscreen while I'm taking tetracycline?
Your doctor instructed you to apply a sunscreen (at least SPF 15) if you go out in the sunlight whil...
Is it safe for my daughter to go out in the sun if she's on tetracycline?
Your daughter should avoid the sun while she is taking tetracycline. If she does go out in the s...
What is tetracycline?
Tetracycline is an antibiotic that's used to treat a variety of bacterial infections and other condi...