If I get an infection again, can I take my old tetracycline?

You should not use tetracycline that's left over from a previous time you had an infection. You should throw away any unused tetracycline when it is no longer needed. Do not take this medicine after the expiration date on the label has passed. Expired tetracycline can cause a dangerous condition that can lead to kidney damage.

Continue Learning about Tetracyclines

Do tetracycline antibiotics interact with any other medications?
If you are taking any of the following medications, tetracycline can lead to side effects and should...
Is it okay to let my girlfriend take some of my tetracycline?
Even if you and your girlfriend have the same condition, you should not give your tetracycline t...
What is tetracycline?
Tetracycline is an antibiotic that's used to treat a variety of bacterial infections and other condi...
Is it safe for my daughter to go out in the sun if she's on tetracycline?
Your daughter should avoid the sun while she is taking tetracycline. If she does go out in the s...