Can I use Ximino if I am breastfeeding?

You should not take Ximino (minocycline), a tetracycline-class antibiotic prescribed to treat certain kinds of acne, while you are breastfeeding. Ximino can pass into breast milk and can harm a nursing baby, causing problems for the baby's bones, teeth or both.

You should either choose a different treatment in order to continue breastfeeding or wean your baby in order to take Ximino. Talk with your doctor about the best course for you.

Continue Learning about Tetracyclines

Do tetracycline antibiotics interact with any other medications?
If you are taking any of the following medications, tetracycline can lead to side effects and should...
Can I drink milk when taking my tetracycline?
No, you should not take your tetracycline at the same times as you drink milk because dairy prod...
Is it okay to let my girlfriend take some of my tetracycline?
Even if you and your girlfriend have the same condition, you should not give your tetracycline t...
Why did my doctor tell me to wear sunscreen while I'm taking tetracycline?
Your doctor instructed you to apply a sunscreen (at least SPF 15) if you go out in the sunlight whil...