What type of resistance training should I do in the tennis in-season?

Perform medium to low levels of resistance training during the tennis in-season. Resistance training levels are at their highest in the off-season and into the pre-season. Perform in-season resistance training at a medium to low level due to the fact that during the in-season, resistance training is just to maintain performance measures. During the in-season, focus on skills and drills for improving game performance.

Continue Learning about Tennis

How do I release the tension in my lower back from tennis?
Tension in the low back is the result of imbalances between groups of muscles around that partic...
What should I do after my tennis match to decrease soreness?
To decrease soreness and increase and maintain range of motion there are two main types of stret...
How do I increase my tennis stroke velocity?
The key to increasing your tennis stroke velocity comes from the tennis racket. First, a firm an...
What can I do to decrease pain in my wrist while playing tennis?
Make sure you have the right racket size and weight, do wrist and grip exercises, and look into ...