What are some tennis strength exercises I can do at home?

Push-ups, chair dips, and lunges are great strength exercises that can be done at home to help with your tennis game. Make sure that you have stretched and warmed up all of your muscles. Push-ups are a great strength exercise for the arms, shoulders, chest, and core. A good home exercise for the legs and gluteals is chair squats. Stand with your legs shoulder-length apart and bend your body down as if you were going to sit on a chair and then stand back up straight. You can also work on your lower-body strength by doing forward lunges. Another great home exercise is chair dips. Use either a stable bench or a chair for this. Sit on the edge of the chair. Scoot yourself off of the chair and lower your body halfway to the ground, keeping your hands and arms bent on the chair. Bend your elbows and raise your body up towards the chair and back down towards the floor. This exercise works on your shoulders and triceps.

Continue Learning about Tennis

What can I do to decrease pain in my wrist while playing tennis?
Make sure you have the right racket size and weight, do wrist and grip exercises, and look into ...
How can I decrease the risk of lower-back injury from tennis?
The main causes of back injuries when playing tennis are overuse of your lower-back muscles, an ...
What should I do after my tennis match to decrease soreness?
To decrease soreness and increase and maintain range of motion there are two main types of stret...
How do I release the tension in my lower back from tennis?
Tension in the low back is the result of imbalances between groups of muscles around that partic...