How is calcific tendinitis treated?

Kristofer J. Jones, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
People with calcific tendinitis tend to get better with a subacromial injection, which can be done at the doctor’s office or with a radiologist (the radiologist can do it under ultrasound guidance). The value of using ultrasound guidance is that the doctor can actually decompress the little calcific deposit with a needle and then inject the steroid to decrease inflammation. 

Continue Learning about Tendons

What can cause a boutonniere deformity?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
A boutonnière deformity is commonly caused by a forceful blow to a bent finger, causing a ruptur...
What is the difference between a tendon and a ligament?
A tendon is a thick connective tissue that connects muscle to bone. A ligament is a thick connec...
What Do I Need to Know About Recovery from an Achilles Tendon Repair?
What Is Tendonitis?
What Is Tendonitis?