How can I prevent tendonitis?

Dr. Vonda Wright, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
Flexibility is essential in preventing all kinds of injuries but tendonitis in particular. Prevention of tendonitis requires stretching the muscle on a regular basis, which allows less pulling and traction on the tendon's attachment to the bone. When tendonitis does occur, it is important to treat it immediately and prevent it from reaching the more severe stage called tendonosis. Even if you have not reached for your toes in years, it is not too late to start stretching and regaining your flexibility.
Fitness After 40: How to Stay Strong at Any Age

It's one of the undeniable facts of life. After we reach a certain age, our bodies change. No matter how fit we may have been at 20, we're very different people after 40. But growing older doesn't...

Continue Learning about Tendons

What do spinal tendons do?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
Tendons play a supporting role in spinal structures. When your back muscles contract, they pull ...
What are tendons?
Dr. Scott D. Martin, MDDr. Scott D. Martin, MD
Tendons connect muscle to bone and transfer muscle power to the bone to create movement across a joi...
What Do I Need to Know About Recovery from an Achilles Tendon Repair?
What Is Tendonitis?
What Is Tendonitis?